Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan Sculpture Dedicated In Kiest Park
Hundreds of fans, friends and family members turned out to Kiest Park Sunday for the dedication of public artwork memorializing Oak Cliff’s famous blues brothers.
Jimmie Vaughan appeared with special guest Gary Clark, Jr. and performed two songs in front of the memorial. Sunday would’ve been Stevie Ray Vaughan’s 67th birthday.
… “Stevie’s here too,” Vaughan said. “He would be so proud, and my mother and father and my uncles.”
Read more at the Oak Cliff Advocate and The Dallas Morning News.
- Kiest Park’s Artwork Pays Tribute to Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan!– September 27, 2021
- Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan Sculpture to be Dedicated on SRV’s Birthday, October 3– September 17, 2021
- Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan Return To Oak Cliff – D Magazine – December 4, 2020
- Dallas City Council Approves Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan Sculpture – May 25, 2016
- Dallas To Finally Honor Jimmie And Stevie Ray Vaughan – The Dallas Morning News – April 20, 2016
- Vaughan Brothers Artwork In Oak Cliff – D Magazine – October 27, 2015
- Dallas City Council Approves Public Art Project Honoring Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan – The Dallas Morning News – June 4, 2015